Trump railed against the “totalitarian tactics” of the Environmental Protection Agency. He pledged to dismantle the EPA entirely in an April town hall, although he referred to it at the time as the “Department of Environmental” and “DEP.” He assailed Hillary Clinton for saying in March that fracking projects would be unlikely to pass muster under her environmental regime.
“Hillary’s agenda is job destruction. My agenda is job creation,” Trump said.
He railed against “draconian climate rules” and said he would “cancel” the Paris climate agreement and withdraw any funding for United Nations programs related to global warming. Trump has repeatedly called climate change a “hoax” in the past…”
Flashback January 14, 2016 – Climate Depot’s Marc Morano on dismantling UN/EPA climate agenda:
Morano: “President Obama laid out his final vision in the State of the Union address. Republicans need to get their act together quickly in order to prevent Obama’s climate legacy from being cemented.
Morano: “The GOP nominee for president in 2016 must present a basic plan to roll back Obama’s climate regulations. Here is a simple breakdown of what is needed:
1) Repeal all EPA climate regulations;
2) Withdraw the U.S. from any Paris agreement (nonbinding) ‘commitments’;
3) Withdraw the U.S. from the UN climate treaty process entirely;
4) The U.S. should defund the UN IPCC climate panel;
5) Start praising carbon based energy as one of the greatest liberators of mankind and the best hope for the developing world’s poor.
Anything short of this clear and comprehensive approach will lead to failure and guarantee Obama’s climate policies will become permanent in the U.S. The Republicans need to get a coherent plan and articulate their course of action.
End Morano excerpt.