When the Vatican made the announcement that it would be hosting a climate summit on very short notice, Climate Depot sprang into action.
As a Catholic and a climate skeptic, I was following closely Pope Francis views and policy recommendations. I had already written an OpEd in January and did a Fox News segment on the Holy Father’s climate views and proposals. If the Vatican gives its rubber stamp to UN science claims and ‘solutions’, a climate change misled and confused public would be certain to follow. The Pope’s involvement in this issue has the potential to massively mislead not only the world’s Catholics, but other religious people as well. And the pressure was on. See: Vatican Climate Workshop Pressures Pope Francis to Go ‘Full Warmist’
Upon hearing of the Vatican climate summit, CFACT began arranging for my travel to Rome to join up with a delegation of skeptics with the Heartland Institute. Here is a report of the key points made: Climate Skeptics In Rome Warn Pope Francis of ‘Unholy Alliance’ With UN Climate Agenda
The mission proved to be an overwhelming success. The skeptical delegation helped re-frame the entire Vatican/Pope Francis narrative to point out that Catholics worldwide may be weary of an activist climate Pope aligned with a UN agenda. The skeptics helped publicize an Open Letter to Francis. (See: Skeptics Deliver An Open Letter to Pope Francis) The Vatican is now on notice through worldwide media that any encyclical or lobbying activities of Pope Francis on ‘global warming’ will be met with vociferous and well-reasoned arguments, both scientific, economic and religious.
There was talk that many of the establishment media were disappointed with the Vatican climate statement released following the summit at the Vatican. Perhaps the large skeptical presence on hand in Rome prompted the Vatican to pull back some of the more extreme climate claims. See: Environmental Statement by Vatican Does Not Meet Media Expectations
But the one-day Vatican climate summit still produced many worrisome claims that were quickly denounced by scientists. See: Scientist Dr. William Briggs on Vatican climate report: ‘They have some real whoppers in their summary document’
And the economics of the Vatican report were also to the extreme: Vatican Paper: Ditch Capitalism To Stop Global Warming
Climate Depot’s mission was to make a public appeal to the Vatican to consider several key points:
- Persuade the Vatican to allow more than one view to advise its views and policies: Please allow open debate with multiple viewpoints present at the summit and in seeking out advisors on the science of ‘global warming.’ There has been not even been a ‘consensus’ on climate change within the Vatican itself. In 2007, during Pope Benedict XVI tenure, the Vatican hosted a climate summit through Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace and invited many different perspectives in the climate debate to participate. The 2007 event included Atmospheric Physicist and climate skeptic Dr. Fred Singer and Cal Beisner and the President of the World Federation of Scientists Dr. Antonio Zichichi. In addition, senior Vatican officials are on record as being major climate skeptics. Cardinal George Pell who now serves at the head of the Vatican bank declared in 2006: See: Catholic Cardinal George Pell: ‘In the past, pagans sacrificed animals and even humans in vain attempts to placate capricious and cruel gods. Today they demand a reduction in Co2 emissions’ And in 2011, Pell wrote an essay and delivered a speech on his skepticism. In 2007, Cardinal Renato Martino, president of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace, sought out more than one perspective on climate change causes and impacts. Also in 2007, Pope Benedict was also on record denouncing the type of fear mongering activists that Pope Francis invited into the Vatican in 2015. See Flashback 2007: Pope Benedict condemns the climate change prophets of doom
- My goal was to inform the world through media coverage that the Vatican was being misled by only listening to the heavily politicized UN climate view. The Vatican and Pope Francis were not allowing dissent or alternative perspectives to be heard – and the voices they chose to hear were not even within the mainstream of the global warming establishment. The Vatican was ONLY listening to extreme voices within the climate movement that even other climate activists were not comfortable with. Many of the Vatican’s key climate advisors promoted policies directly at odds with Catholic doctrine and beliefs. The proceedings of the workshop included activists like Naomi Oreskes, Peter Wadhams, Martin Rees, Hans-Jochim Schellhuber, Jeffrey Sachs and Joseph Stiglitz.
- Jeffrey Sachs, a UN special advisor UN Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon. Sachs tweeted on November 10 that ‘Climate liars like Rupert Murdoch & Koch Brothers have more & more blood on their hands as climate disasters claim lives across the world.”
- Peter Wadhams is a scientist that even his fellow global warming advocates distance themselves from. See: Warmists attack fellow warmist Prof. Peter Wadhams for ‘using graphs with ridiculous projections with no basis in physics’
- German climate adviser Hans-Joachim Schellnhuber was also at the Vatican climate presentation in 2014. Does Pope Francis want to align himself with Schellnhuber’s views? See: Flashback 2009: German Climate Advisor Schellnhuber ‘proposes creation of a CO2 budget for every person on planet!’
- Naomi Oreskes is known for advocating climate skeptics who dissent from the UN/Gore climate alarmist view be prosecuted as mobsters! See: Merchants of Smear: Prosecute Skeptics Like Gangsters?! Warmist Naomi Oreskes likes the idea of having climate ‘deniers’ prosecuted under the RICO act (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act).
- My intention was to inform the media and the Vatican that relying on the UN as its source of climate ‘science’ was doing a disservice to the world’s Catholics. During press conferences, presentations, interviews and discussion, I was able to offer evidence that the UN IPCC was a political organization masquerading as a ‘science’ body. I cited UN lead authors who have now resigned the IPCC or had their names removed due to the bastardization of the science for political purposes in order to fit the climate ‘narrative.’
- I made the key point during the Roman mission to point out that having Pope Francis publicly promote one narrow UN climate panel view of climate change and promote a specific political UN climate agreement would sow confusion among Catholics and be an unprecedented step for a Pontiff. I noted that having a Pope personally lobby for a UN agreement and hype climate fears would confuse Catholics into believing the ones views on climate change and alleged ‘solutions’ are now part of being a good Catholic.
- The Vatican aligning itself with a UN climate agenda was at odds with major aspects of Catholic teachings and doctrine. The UN’s climate agenda includes heavy doses of development restrictions, promotion of contraceptives, population control, abortions, etc. (Note: Whatever your own views are on these issues, they are at odds with Catholic doctrine.) The Pope was facing the danger of making those Catholics worldwide, who opposed climate fear predictions and UN ‘solutions’, feel like they were not following their faith.
- The Vatican was being misled on development and poverty issues as they relate to ‘climate change.’ The Vatican’s well placed and long established concern for the developing world’s poor was being hijacked by a radical UN agenda that seeks to prevent life-saving fossil fuel energy development in the world’s poorest regions. The Pope’s concern that ‘climate change’ impacts were going to harm the world’s poor the most was entirely misplaced. Preventing the poverty stricken nations of the world from obtaining cheap and plentiful fossil fuels meant they could not develop and thus insulate themselves from ‘climate change’ whether it be man-made or natural. “The Pope’s claim that “It is man who has slapped nature in the face” needs to be weighed against the fact that fossil fuels have allowed mankind to stop nature from slapping man in the face. The more we develop with fossil fuels and increase our wealth and standard of living, the more we can inoculate ourselves from the ravages of nature. The key point I made repeatedly was that centrally planning energy economics by restricting fossil fuels due to unfounded climate fears in the development world was ‘immoral’.
- The science behind man-made global warming fears is actually weakening considerably. I noted the 97% ‘consensus’ fallacy by citing studies by UN lead authors who now say such claims are “pulled out of thin air” with no basis in fact. I noted how extreme weather was stable or declining on almost every measure and noted how global temperatures were in a standstill for over 18 years and everything from sea levels to polar bears, the climate narrative was failing. I also noted how prominent scientists (many politically left) who used to believe in man-made global warming fears were now reversing themselves, including many UN scientists.
The Results of Climate Depot’s Vatican Trip:
- Extensive media coverage of Climate Depot’s two press conferences and questions inside the Vatican summit appeared in nearly every major news outlet in the world. From the New York Times, to USA Today, UK Guardian, UK Independent, Associated Press, The Boston Globe, Scientific American, Houston Chronicle, Washington Post, etc. Climate Depot’s Vatican mission was reported on around the world. Small sampling of international media coverage: New York Times Features Climate Depot: Morano: ‘Climate change issues are now an article of faith’ – Wash. Post features Climate Depot as part of ‘skeptical delegation’ at Vatican – Morano: ‘The global warming narrative has weakened’ – UK Independent features Climate Depot: Vatican interrupted by ‘papal heavies’ half-way through making their point – Scientific American features Morano at the Vatican – National Catholic Reporter features Climate Depot: Skeptics issues strong, blunt warnings to Pope Francis – Climate Depot’s Vatican trip prompts editorial reference in NYT: ‘Much to the dismay of some conservatives, he is confronting human-caused global warming’ – USA Today features Climate Depot: Pope lobbying for a UN climate treaty is an ‘unprecedented action and massively misguided’
- Attending the climate summit inside the Vatican City and meeting, asking questions of UN Sec. General Ban Ki Moon with Vatican staff and making it known that climate skeptics were numerous and articulate. The rude treatment we received, including the threat to remove us for asking inconvenient question of the UN Sec. General was further testament to our effectiveness. See:
- VATICAN HEAVIES SILENCE ‘CLIMATE HERETICS’ AT UN PAPAL SUMMIT IN ROME & Vatican to skeptic asking question at conference: ‘You have to control yourself or you will be escorted out of here.’
- The Vatican mission by Climate Depot was so successful that climate activist organization like Media Matters (funded by George Soros) were beside themselves with angst at how effective and well-heard the skeptics delegation was around the world in the media. See: Skeptics in Rome so successful that warmist Media Matters laments: ‘Mainstream Media Advance Climate Science Deniers’ Misinformation Campaign Against The Pope’
- Climate Depot is far from finished on this ‘unholy alliance’ between Vatican and the United Nations climate agenda. Climate Depot will be ready with a rapid response when the Pope’s climate encyclical comes out sometime in late Spring or Summer. Climate Depot will be on hand in New York City in September at UN headquarters when the Pope essentially lobbies the UN for a climate agreement. Climate Depot will be on hand when the Pope and President Obama meet about ‘global warming. (See: Obama Plans to Discuss Climate Change With Pope Francis) And Climate Depot will be in Paris in December when President Obama and Sec. of State John Kerry intend to sign a new UN climate accord.
VATICAN HEAVIES SILENCE ‘CLIMATE HERETICS’ AT UN PAPAL SUMMIT IN ROME
Climate Depot Round Up: Vatican & UN’s shut down of dissent is increasing in climate debate
Climate Skeptics In Rome Warn Pope Francis of ‘Unholy Alliance’ With UN Climate Agenda
Climate Skeptics Descend on Vatican – Seek to Influence Pope on ‘Global Warming’
I would not call the Pope and the Vatican’s current effort to dictate a scientific issue exactly unprecedented. Galileo had a run-in with these characters a number of years ago…didn’t end well.
◔❧❧◔❧❧◔Start Profit @ h0me with Google Home [email protected]:
Agreed, time to put steady pressure on this Pope and get him familiar with the empirical and scientific facts about Climate, the Sun is the “culprit” in climate, not CO2 that is 0.03% of the atmosphere and supports all the life of all photosynthetic plants and blue-green algae on earth.
Empirical facts mean nothing to the Vatican…they have an agenda to pursue and they’ll use any pretext they can to implement it
“In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages ,famine, and the like would fit the bill…All of these are caused by human intervention…The real enemy, then, is humanity itself…” – Aurelio Peccei – founder of elite think tank, Club of Rome
OH, YEAH….the Club of Rome who devised the false narrative!
CNS/Catholic News Service, Dec.9, 2010
“WikiLeaks cable notes Vatican commitment to accord on climate change”
U.S. Embassy cable (Jan.21, 2010) sent to the U.S. government’s Bureau of Ocean, Environment and Science would suggest lower level or back channel conversations on a future climate change agreement.
So several years in the making.
The leaked cable itself is online. Just use internet search.
So the Pope decided not to be Subservient to this Poor excuse for Satan science the UN agenda 21 has to offer! Well Good for him because the hole of that Catholic Church would probably prefer he Follow God as a Subservient! YA THINK !!
Science set free from Religion or any other United Nations Orthodoxy by God himself !
In the Montanous of persuasive words Satan can be found Just Ask Eve about the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil ! I’m convinced Adam and Eve would both SHUN the United Nations in this bedlam of FOOLISHNESS ! Always trying to take Man’s God given Dominion on earth away this, Satan. Always trying to Interpret God to us with his lies. Leave the Pope alone Satan !! The Pope don’t need a interpreter. God speaks all of mans languages He speaks for himself to those that will listen !! No intuperator needed HERE !!
LOOK !! for your self !!
Religion does not own Science,says God’s word, Its free to everyone Had the Illuminati ever read the bible they would have known that.
Old Catholic dogma Religion does not own science. The new religious dogma of Darwin’s Evolution does not own science.
The religious dogma of islam does not own science its free gift to all men and women by God free from religions duty of repentance.
For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them.
Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are :
Captivity led captive !!
1 Corinthians 1:18-31 27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised , hath God chosen , yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are : 29 That no flesh should glory in his presence .
So the Pope decided not to be Subservient to this Poor excuse for Satan science the UN agenda 21 has to offer! Well Good for him because the hole of that Catholic Church would probably prefer he Follow God as a Subservient! YA THINK !! Science set free from Religion or any other United Nations Orthodoxy by God himself !
Nothing ever changes….this Jesuit Pope is just the same global dictator as his predecessors of the Dark Ages…notice how the Pope is in the news almost every day giving out his Socialist viewpoints on women, the poor, and now “climate change”
The Vatican won’t be happy until the entire world is directly under their control
NOTE: Once again, I point out that Catholics are NOT Christians but unfortunately most of the secular world equates Christianity with Roman Catholocism
Hi Marilynne. You had me with your first paragraph, but are lost on the NOTE. The center of Catholic Life is Christ. He is our Lord, God and Savior. He died for my sins, and those of the world. He is in our heart, minds and souls at all waking moments.
May Jesus, the Messiah of our our people, enlighten us all. In the sweet and Holy Name of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen
Are Catholics Christians??
If Christ is your Messiah, I urge you to leave the Catholic organization…there’s so many reasons it practices blasphemy, in addition to the countless pedophile “priests” I don’t
see how any saved person could ever stay in this corrupt organization
Those who believe in Jesus and his message of the Sermon on the Mount are all that’s needed. Further division is not a good idea, Satan would certainly be around to take advantage.
This is nothing more than consensus building ahead of COP 21.
And now the Pope’s address at the UN and before a joint session of Congress could cause problems when it becomes known that that no dissent was allowed at the Vatican meeting on climate change.
The U.S. is still quite a Protestant country.
Yes it is quite a Protestant country. It is so hateful of the Catholic
Church and Catholics in general. Why the hate? Is it envy? Is it
a wish to be the chosen people?
The Vatican/Catholic church is viewed as a foreign power and foreign power influence in U.S. affairs is not welcome in the U.S.
Seems people have forgotten what the War of Independence was about and Catholics also participated in that event as well.
Signers of the Declaration of Independence
Charles Carroll, Roman Catholic Maryland, 1737-1832
Last survivor of the Signers.
Daniel Carroll of Rock Creek (1730-1796) cousin of Charles Carroll along with Thomas Fitzsimons of Pennsylvania were signers of the U.S. Constitution.
Daniel Carroll was a close associate of George Washington.
Isn’t it obvious that Satan would attack the one Church instituted by Christ – the Universal Catholic Church? Christ gave Peter the keys of the kingdom of heaven and He said “Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Matthew 16:18
This indicates that hostile evil powers will struggle aggressively but in vain against the Catholic Church.
Notice that the Father of Lies has already caused havoc by infiltrating the Church with pedophile and homosexual priests – and, yet, more and more people are coming into the Catholic Church.
It’s a known fact that Communist operatives in the U.S. in the late ’40’s and early 50’s received orders from Moscow to recruit young Communist men to enter Catholic seminaries in oder to subvert the Church. We see the results of this infiltration in both the sex abuse crisis and the poor formation of many priests who have turned to Marxist ideals and even lost their faith. Liberation theology is Marxist ideology and has taken root especially in the Latin American Church (i.e. Argentina).
Now it’s evident that Satan is again spreading his smoke into the highest reaches of the Church and, as painful as it is to watch that happen, we can take comfort in Christ’s promise: “The gates of Hell shall not prevail against it.”
The Vatican is in bed with the Rothschild “Banking Cartel”!
The Vatican rules over approximately 2 billion of the world’s 6.1 billion people. The colossal wealth of the Vatican includes enormous investments with the Rothschild’s in Britain, France, and the USA, and with giant oil and weapons corporations like Shell and General Electric. The Vatican solid gold bullion worth billions, is stored with the Rothschild controlled Bank of England and the US Federal Reserve Bank.
As a lifelong Active Catholic, I can say with authority that I and my family are quite ashamed of this Marxist Pope and his lunatic Ideas about the Man-made Climate Myth. This Pope cannot hold a candle to John Paul II or Benedict.
Kudos for your efforts to keep this Marxist in line. I wish the Mainstream Media in the USA would do so with Comrade Obama.
✈✔➨✈✔➨Start Earning @ h0me with Google H0me [email protected]:
has issued a 10pg statement in advance of the papal climate encyclical expected
The Vatican statement –
– appears to have been a copy & paste of WWF, Greenpeas
& FOEs of the earth statements, & totally ignores most scientific
But they do show the number one reason for increased consumption
(of everything) is population growth…..(as perpetuated by all religious zealots
& particularly the Catholic church ), but totally ignore that in any mitigation
measures…another good example of hypocrisy !!
Just wondering, where did the “Pope” get his training on global warming??
I thought Jesus said “You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free”. I highly doubt that he was talking about Al Gore’s inconvenient truth. (which has turned out not to be true at all)
This Marxist leaning Pope ought to tend to religious matters and stop trying to interject religion into scientific matters that have nothing to do with religion. Perhaps a more activist approach on saving Christian martyrs from Islamic extremists would be a more appropriate use of his time and office. Perhaps this Pope would like to reinvent the theory that the Sun revolves around the Earth. It did not work out very well when proposed in the Middle Ages. Francis’ unholy alliance with those who advocate unfettered abortion at all stages of pregnancy and also advocating phony global warming with phony, crooked data repulses me.
As Marc has pointed out, it is the people “advising” the Pope who are the villains here. These are activist scientists who have adopted a political and evangelical role, especially one of the main drivers, John Schellnhuber, Director of the Potsdam Institute in Germany. The Institute was founded after the fall of the Berlin Wall and originally had its offices in the old Stasi secret police building. I think they must have left some operating manuals behind.
Other members of this Pontifical advisory group include Professor Ramanathan of the Scripps Institute in California. He also happens to have been closely associated with Pachauri’s TERI institute for many years and is a fellow of the institute. He has a Climate and Policy professorship at the TERI University in New Delhi. As he works in California one wonders how many trips he makes to India in the course of a year. He is also a board member of TERI- North America.
Economist Jeffrey Sachs, funded by George Soros, who sits on the Earth Institute Board, along with the aforementioned “on leave” Rajendra Pachauri, is a successful failure. He is held responsible by many for the collapse of the Russian economy under Yeltsin, to whom he acted as adviser. His track record in South America and Africa is not very good either.
That’s a well written & comprehensive report & a testament to the effectiveness of your approach. You also make a striking figure in front of the Vatican there.
The Liberation Theology which dominated clerical thinking in South America where this Pope grew up was created by the Soviet Leadership to spread its communist message.
I was particularly worried by the ‘ditch capitalism’ section. David Hume, an 18th Century philosopher, historian and economist said that the three fundamentals of a civilised society are :-
Security of possessions
Exchange by consent
performance of promises
in other words
The right to private property
These are the essentials of capitalism, which is the only way to have a civilised society
This pope is following the United Nation’s false narrative of climate change for deceiving the world’s people in order to establish a one world government.