BY CHRISTIAN TOTO
Why would a reporter grill DiCaprio about recycling, using less natural resources and prepping the planet for a healthier tomorrow?
Because he’s arguably Hollywood’s reigning eco-hypocrite, that’s why.
The tales of his private plane usage, which leaves a massive carbon footprint, are legendary
He loves charting gas-guzzling yachts with his tony pals
Suffice to say he owns more than one home, and they’re hardly modest in size
The irony is that some media outlets have dinged DiCaprio on his hypocrisy. The critiques often come from British newspapers, though.
Here are 11 questions the press should (but probably won’t) ask DiCaprio:
- How do you square your consistent use of private planes with your green activism?
- You’ve said, “The idea of pursuing material objects your whole life is absolutely soulless.” How do you explain that philosophy in light of your lavish lifestyle?
- Do you think your large carbon footprint is hurting the very cause you support?
- Do you think science is ever truly settled?
- So many scientific models about climate change have been flat-out wrong. Response?
- Shouldn’t a foundation like yours be more transparent, not less?
- When we experience a hot or cold spell we’re often told it’s due to climate change. When climate change skeptics point to similar weather pockets to debunk climate change they’re told climate isn’t weather. Can you explain?
- Why do you think other environmentally aware celebrities, like James Cameron, also live lives that contrast their beliefs?
- Have you ever had a long, open discussion with a climate change skeptic?
- Climate change is being blamed for the rise in terrorism. Do you think that is more or less of a contributing factor than radical Islam?
- The recent Gulf of Mexico hurricane drought lasted 10 years, despite us being told climate change would cause more hurricane activity. Can you explain?